Saturday, August 21, 2010

PC Case change help?

I have an HP a6152n, mid-tower case. If I purchased this case (http://tinyurl.com/39gsd9), would I be able to gut this case and place the parts into that one?PC Case change help?
Probably. Main thing to look for is if the motherboard has any proprietory connections such as special ribbon cables that run to the front to work the on/off reset buttons USB etc. A customer of mine brought in a Dell once that got busted up while moving and I had to actually use a different motherboard for the new case because the Dell board would only work with a Dell case. Dell wouldn't sell me or my customer a new case because it was out of warranty. Dells solution was ';buy a new computer';. Good old Dell support. LOL.PC Case change help?
Yes. I've done it many times with new cases.
I can't properly answer the question but I can give you some advice.





Every HP system I've ever encountered has been proprietary. This means, the motherboard and other parts were specifically designed for the case and couldn't be moved to anything but that exact case.





I would check and make absolutely sure it can be done before purchasing anything. It'd be a shame to spend the money just to find out it won't work.
Maybe.





Unless I am wrong your current case opens on the right side.


The new case opens on the left side.





you will have to flip the motherboard 180 degrees





The biggest issue I can see is the I/O cover -i.e the holes for the usb, mouse, keyboard, ethernet etc lining up.





You will also void whatever HP warranty you may have.
I don't see why not. Just make sure your mobo is atx.

No comments:

Post a Comment