Saturday, August 21, 2010

Can I use a PC tower (case) as a hard drive enclosure for internal hard drives.?

I dont have a motherboard and dont want one, but I have an empty case. What would I need?Can I use a PC tower (case) as a hard drive enclosure for internal hard drives.?
You could definitely do this. All you need to do is have a power supply and some fans in the case. You could then put in all the internal drives. From here, you have a few options. You could simply run long SATA or IDE cables (depending on the hard drives) from the back of the hard drive enclosure case to the back of the computer you want to connect them to. You could connect them via a PCI SATA or IDE expansion slot. Alternatively, you could buy a lot of SATA to USB adapters, run the USB cords out of the back of the hard drive enclosure case, and just plug them into the USB ports on the main computer.Can I use a PC tower (case) as a hard drive enclosure for internal hard drives.?
Here is an article that tells you what you will need





http://www.smallnetbuilder.com/content/v鈥?/a>





you will need a motherbaord and all of the other components for a pc

No comments:

Post a Comment