Tuesday, August 24, 2010

BTX Formfactor PC Case?

I'm looking for a new case for my Dell Inspiron 530. After contacting Dell, they told me that my motherboard was a BTX. I have looked at a few pictures of BTX motherboards and they don't seem to be the same format as mine.





My motherboard is a Foxconn G33MO2:


http://xps-700.com/dell/img/121117022400鈥?/a>





The power supply is at the top of the case, below that is the back panel inputs and a fan, and at the bottom is the expansion slots.





Most BTX motherboards I have seen look like this:


http://img.tomshardware.com/us/2005/12/0鈥?/a>





As you can see both seem totally different... In the second one, the expansion slots are at the top, RAM slots at the bottom, and the processor on the opposite side to the back panel input...





Could you please tell me which is BTX, and what the form factor of the first motherboard (Foxconn) is.








Thanks for your help,





Harry.BTX Formfactor PC Case?
Your formfactor is MATX, or MicroATX, so any ATX or MicroATX case should fit it. Which is 98% of cases out there. BTX is a proprietary Intel formfactor.BTX Formfactor PC Case?
No problem =) Glad your comp is up and running.

Report Abuse


  • help for acne
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment