Saturday, August 21, 2010

(pc cooling) i added a case fan to the right side of my hp tower should it blow air in or out?

i've upgrade my hp 6330 with 4gb ram an 8800gt an antec 550trio power supply and an intel e8400 3.ghz processor th 120mm fan i added is pulling air in i wonder if i should turn it around to pull hot air out????(pc cooling) i added a case fan to the right side of my hp tower should it blow air in or out?
If you don't have a dust grill on that fan, I would really turn it around and run it as an exhaust fan, you can probably by a dust grill for it, but I wouldn't waste my time. On the fan itself there should be arrows pointing which way it will be moving air.


Have a nice day


Ken (pc cooling) i added a case fan to the right side of my hp tower should it blow air in or out?
In addition to the first responder's post, I would do out b/c a pc generates a lot of heat (usually 70-80 on average, some rigs run hotter depending on components) and you want the fan to draw out all this hot air so it does not fry your components b/c they get too hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment