Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Cooling solution PC case?

I recently bought a new PC. It's a nice small and powerful PC Phenom 2 550BE - XFX 4870 - 4gb RAM. However, heat is something of an issue. Under load the 4870 hits 87C (though I think this is a lot to do with the crappy non-exhaust cooler XFX put on it). My CPU hits 55C under load with the side of the case on - but only hits 32C under full load with the side of the case off. I don't want to run the PC with the side of the case off but would like it to run quiter and cooler - what should I do?





Note - I have tried fitting a 80mm case fan at the bottom at the front, however it doesn't quite fit - its a very small case.


- I would be open to suggestions of modding the case - however I do not have any power tools!


- The 4870 temp doesn't drop when I take the side panel off.Cooling solution PC case?
Yeah, most computers come with crappy heat sinks and fans. The best way is to look online and replace that heat sink and fan for that CPU. There are many types of cooling systems out there, you could even find a liquid cooling system at a reasonable price. Try looking online at www.geeks.com . This is a site to find PC parts. They will ship it to you in reasonable time.

No comments:

Post a Comment