Saturday, August 21, 2010

PC case and motherboards.?

My little HP case is getting very annoying. It's not that little really, just terribly put together.





I was wondering if mobos had anything in terms of consistency. I was thinking about this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as鈥?/a> And I was wondering if an HP mobo is different than any other. I heard dell mobos are different so I was just wondering.PC case and motherboards.?
I'm assuming your wanting to transfer the internals of your HP computer into one of those antec cases (Which are very nice cases btw)





It SHOULD work fine as long as the motherboard is of a common form fit design (ATX, MicroATX, Mini-ATX, etc.) The first thing you should do is figure out what kind of motherboard is in your computer and then figure out which design it is, Then find a case on newegg that has compatibility with that design.





One problem could be that maybe HP has their own custom motherboard designs (I know thats how it is with a lot of dells) in which case you might not be able to fit the motherboard into a new case.





Doug is right about wiring problems and clearance issues (although the antec cases have plenty of space) I would suggest opening up your HP and checking the length of the wires and anything you think might cause a clearance issues... then decide for yourself if it looks like it could be swapped into a new case.PC case and motherboards.?
Proprietary machines (like Dell and HP) use proprietary motherboards. Literally every PC is different. We get the same model of PC, same model number, similar stats etc.. and the parts are night and day. Seemingly built by the lowest bidder.





HP is much worse due to the fact they even create proprietary processors! For example: Instead of Intel, they will use an HP Intel.





My point is, even HP would have a hard time answering that question. I would assume the motherboard is ATX (so it should fit, or be close to fitting), but the power supply wires may be to short, could be clearance issues, it could not line up properly, etc... You are entering uncharted territory.
your the biggest loser in the entire world and im gonig ot make you regret every word you psoted in my question you rude jerk. Im gonig to let everyoen know in every question you aks how much of a loser rude jerk you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment