Tuesday, August 24, 2010

PC Case Airflow - minor modding already?

Okay, new question about airflow with my pc case...





I placed a wire mesh on the removable side panel to allow more efficient airflow, which many people tell me can be a safer idea, as long as I keep constant air movement going. Obviously lol





Now for my question:





What would be an ideal setup for fan placement? I have one HDD bay fan that would be placed at the very front of the tower, but I don't have the actual HDD right in front of the fan, actually above and it runs cooler, so I'm willing to cut the other bays out to allow the air to move through. However, I'm not too sure if it would make sense to have both a front and rear fan blowing air into the tower...





Although all that air would ultimately blow out the side of the pc like an exhaust system, in a way.





I've pretty much expended all of my brain power, trying to figure out ways to position fans to maximize heat dissipation, but need one unified idea.PC Case Airflow - minor modding already?
The ideal is that you want air blowing through the computer and over hot running components such as video cards.





Having fans both front and rear blowing in is usually not a good idea, it may be a better idea to have the rear fan blowing as an exhaust and mount a fan blowing inwards onto the mesh panel so it blows over the video card or over any secluded expansion card that would other wise get poor airflow.





Often these fans don't have to be that fast, so you can get away with quite quiet ones, just so long as they get the air moving (you don't really want to build up either positive or negative air pressure, just movement).

No comments:

Post a Comment