Saturday, August 21, 2010

How to pick the right size (mm) case fan for my PC?

Hi!





I want to replace my case fans and don't know what size should I pick . Is the default fan size 120 mm? I'm looking on tigerdirect.com , they have 60,80,92 mm fans as well. In my MB manual I could not find the fan sizes supported.





Thank you for help!How to pick the right size (mm) case fan for my PC?
Check with your case manufacturer and look on their website if you can find anything about the size of the fans pre installed and the upgrade possibilities, you should find something. If not you can physically measure the size of the places where you want fans to be, most fans are 120mm, but 140mm exists, indeed 92, 80, 60, also 100mm. So check carefully. THe motherboard has nothing to do with the size of fans, the motherboard does not relate to fans in any fan except maybe the processor fan. Check the case manual and the website!





Good luck!How to pick the right size (mm) case fan for my PC?
Here is a bit of advice: without even taking the fan out of any case, measure the screw holes from one another. That will give you the distance/size needed for your install. Something else to be really sure, what I would do is make a card broad template (any stiff paper will do) of the screw holes. Then take the template to where ever the store is you are going to get the fans and measure the screw holes there with the template, that should get the right size fans.

No comments:

Post a Comment